User's Manual for RealOpInsight Operations Console
This manual presents the user interface as well as the features of RealOpInsight Operations Console.
*On GNU/Linux and OS X Systems:
$ ngrt4n-manager -d <file> or $ ngrt4n-oc <file>
*On Windows systems:
Start->NGRT4N Monitoring Suite -> RealOpInsight Operations Console
After login, you shall be invited to select a configuration file through a file selection window.
- Menus: accessible via the menu bar or the tools bar.
- Tree Explorer: gives the preview of the dashboard hierarchy.
- Map: gives a representation of the dashboard hierarchy.
- Message Console: shows message about the status of monitored checks.
The Operations Console has been designed so as to be friendly and easy to use as possible:
- The map can be zoomed in/out using either menus or more simply through the mouse wheel.
- Each service (node) from the tree or from the map has a context menus (enabled by right click) as well as tooltips (activated by mouse hoving).
The context menu gives access to various functionalities allowing for example to filter the messages related to a given service. Furthermore, the tooltip enabled on each service provides detailed information concerning the properties of the service (name, status, propagation rule, etc).
- The message console can be sorted according to every column (date of events, severity, hostname, service, and message). Just click on the header of the associated column.
Now you have understood how RealOpInsight works, create your own configuration and enjoy!!!